Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gratitude


Gratitude
My continued journey (finding myself)
“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” ~ Brian Tracey.
We all have certain people in our lives that we can go to for some truth, some understanding, some order. Tonight over Tea one of my close Friends mentioned how grateful he was about the good things in his life.
It often takes tragedy to wake us up, to make us reevaluate our lives and appreciate what we have. The reason for this is that when tragedy strikes, everything becomes instantaneously prioritized. You realized what matters most and what you care about and anything that is not essential is ignored. Yet when things are going well it can be easy to overlook the blessings in our lives. We can take for granted our health or the relationships we are fortunate enough to have and rather get caught up worrying about our mounting bills or dripping faucet or being stuck in traffic. I was like that when I fell and injured my back, tragedy struck, and I reevaluated my life, but then became complacent.
tonight that friend taught me a lesson;
That each and every day we are blessed with so many things, starting with the fact that we wake up in the morning to another day ahead. And each day, every single one of us has something to be grateful for. Sometimes these things are big, such as getting a wonderful job offer, sometimes they are small, such as a peaceful night sleep through the night. But the more we focus on what we have to be grateful for in our lives, the easier it will be to deal with the challenges and tests that we may face as well.