Friday, October 09, 2009

To my Friends



Still Walking and Learning

God, grant me the serenityto accept the things I cannot change;the courage to change the things I can;and the wisdom to know the difference.

I have reached a point in my life where I know change is necessary - spiritual change. Ive had a roller-coaster of a life and recent chain of events have taken me to another level and delivered at my door new insights.

It is time to face personal demons!

That is not easy, but it is necessary.

So much is shifting and changing with me this Year. Life has the tendancy to throw its usual challenges into everyones walkway.

perception of ones life either standing still or moving about at its sometimes hectic rate is sometimes very hard to understand. I know Im responsible for my own life regardless of circumstances and this in its purest of definitions applies to the creation of ones moment of existence.
What really kicked off my memory of hearing those words above was the connection to a lesson I received once from an old teacher of mine. He stated that each and every one of us is responsible for what we put out there and especially when it impacts the life or the person of another in whatever way physically or otherwise. Actions, even with the most positive of intents, don’t always have their desired results. How this applies to an emerging sense of the self, I got to thinking really is definitive to the degree of the positive energy that seems to be about right now. As I view my own moments of creation in these days and the new days to come, well, there really isn’t any excuse any longer to revisit the days of the past and what came with them. Those days are gone and with them the energy that walked with them. All that exists in the perception of this moment is this moment, and where I walk along the path of this individual existence is by my choice life is really about moving on.
I remind myself of this as I infuse myself with my own new and yes a re-newed sense of positivity about my own path ahead, even if it’s sometimes mired in a virtual momentary spiritual fogbank as is so often the case day in and day out. After all, things aren’t always all bright and cheery! if they were, it would get awfully monotonous around wouldn’t it?

Along with the challenges I face, come the opportunities and amongst the greatest of these are the act of letting go of the dysfunctions of the past that really did add to the definitions of the moment of life. The responsibility is now a simple decision to re-create that sense of the self that was always yearning to be, but was bogged down by all of that armor denting material that was allowed within my circle.

I want to thank my good friends and my loyal students for understanding that Karate is for everyone; however, everyone is not for Karate.