Wednesday, September 23, 2009


Finally! I have been threatening to do this for years! I am very proud to announce the publication of my first book. Karate for College Students & Couch Potatoes is a compilation of discoveries I have made in the last decade of teaching a one credit PE class at Western Carolina University. It is a general overview of basic karate that is non-style specific. It is a good read for a beginning practitioner of any style, as well as a light-hearted look at the Martial Arts. Should you be a current college student, don't worry! I have been teaching college students for a long time now, I get it! I used small words!
This book includes a companion DVD where I demonstrate a couple of katas and discuss how applications can be found in even the most basic of kata. I also beat up on Sensei Jon a bit, which is both entertaining and instructional.
The single copy price is $20.00 plus $4 S&H (US locations only.) I only accept PayPal at this time.
International students, please
contact me and I will figure out how to send you books. I am not about to kill myself learning how to ship a book to Kenya if nobody from Kenya wants one.
School owners,
contact me for case prices. Sensei Dunacn