Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Earth as your Home



So you speak to me in sadness and the coming of the winter,
fear that is within' you know that seems to never end,
and the dreams that have escaped you and the hope that you've forgotten
and you tell me that you need me now and you want to be my friend
and you wonder where we're going, where's the rhyme and where's the reason
and it's you cannot accept it is here we must begin
to seek the wisdom of the children
and the graceful way of flowers in the wind.
For the children and the flowers for my sisters and my brothers,
their laughter and their loveliness would clear a cloudy day.
Like the music of the mountains and the colors of the rainbow
they're a promise of the future and the blessing for today.
Though the city starts to crumble and the towers fail around us
the sun is slowly fading and it's colder than the sea
it is written: From the de-sert to the mountains they shall lead us
by the hand and by the heart and they will comfort you and me.
In their innocence and trusting, they will teach us to be free.

For the children and the flowers for my sisters and my brothers,
their laughter and their loveliness would clear a cloudy day.
come and stand beside us we can find a better way.