Thursday, September 23, 2010

World Sansei Puerto Rico


































“The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.”
Webster’s dictionary defines friendship as a relationship where one knows, likes, admires and trusts another or where one is allied with another in a cause, or where one is a supporter of a group or a movement. I define friendship as a relationship between two people based on mutual respect, affection and admiration.

“The only way to have a true friend is to be one.”
I want to congratulate, Enrique "Ricky" Adames, Angel Rodriguez and Jaime "Jimmy" Valentin;
For entering Schichi Dan level on your journey. I know that all three understand the value of Loyalty and Friendship.
I prize friendship and loyalty above most other things in life. To me, your friends are the people you know you can count on when the chips are down. That when everything goes wrong, as it sometimes will, you know unequivocally you can count on that friend, no questions asked.
If you’ve ever had a crisis in your life, you’ll know what I’m talking about. People you thought were your friends run for cover and disappear or worse, do the wrong thing. Even worse than that is that when they have their own agenda and put that above loyalty. I understand that people make mistakes and that things are not always as they seem, but those are the times when loyalty counts even more.
I try to surround myself with people, who I know I can count on, I’m sure that you can count on one another and the rank you have just entered is a Rank that will test this for years to come.

Manny Saavedra